Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rainbow cookies

IWas so so busy helping up in the family business recently... Been working from morning till at least 9pm at night... I am really very tired to bake... All I know is to sleep and rest the moment I have time...

Starting from 14 July, my gal will be very busy with her "o" level preparations and she has to stay in school for night lessons till 9pm... As promised, if I have the time, I'll still bake and also bring her dinner...  

Inspired by the "flour box" recipe, I tried baking "Rainbow Cookies"... 
It suppose to be like this, but I failed stacking it up layer by layer, and I mixed all the colours up and it cut into flower shape using cookies cutter... And it become like this : 
Aren't they beautiful??? Become the sugar level was a bit too low, I decided to put a piece of chocolate chips on top to decorate it, at the same time, it will be slightly sweeter... The texture of the cookies are so crispy... My kids love it so much... 

Will try again next time when I'm free... Recipe as follow :

Ingredients : 

(A)
320g of butter ( room temperature)
180g of icing sugar
1 egg

(B)
440g of flour
40g of cornflour
30g of milk 

(C)
1/2 tsp each of the color
Rose pink
Violet blue
Egg yellow
Green

Method:
1. Combine ingredient (A) and beat till smooth.  Mixed in ingredient (B) and form into a dough.

2. Divide dough into 4 portions.  Colour each portion with different color from ingredient (C)

3. Place each portion of the dough between 2 plastic sheets and roll in it out flat.  Chill dough in fridge for 20mins.

4. Remove plastic sheets and stack the chilled dough on top of another.  Roll out the stacked dough slightly.

5. Cut the stacked dough into four parts and stack one on top of another again.  Roll out lightly.  Cut into long strips.  Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge till firm.

6.  Slice chilled dough into thin slice and bake in a preheated oven of 150'c for 20-25 mins or till well baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment