Friday, June 14, 2013

Special color for my rainbow cake

16 June is my dad's 63rd birthday.... I was trying to do something special for him this year as he is someone who is not fancy with sweet cakes... Went thru a few recipes online... Found this "Rainbow Cake" interesting and very challenging... So, I decided to bake him a "Rainbow Cake" for his birthday... Did a trial one which wasn't that successful because of sugar wasn't really well controlled (too sweet)...
This one, the trial one... Too sweet & lesser layers... 

His actual one... Sweetness not so, but still have to cut down a bit more... 
Know what??? My dad ate the cake... In fact, every year during his birthday, we bought from the bakery, he will only either eats the fruits or just the chocolate on top of the cake... But this time, he ate 1 BIG slice of "Rainbow Cake"... 1 BIG slice... He said nice and the sugar level is acceptable.... My hubby says sugar still high, must cut down more.... 

I'm so happy... I can bake my very own birthday cake, still, I have to master more on the frosting and the decorations skills.... My next cake will be my girl's 16th birthday party cake on 29 June... Same, she requested "Rainbow Cake"... This time will be must bigger... I really have to keep my fingers cross... Wish me luck everyone...



No comments:

Post a Comment