Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My very very first handmade snowskin mooncake

Have been buying mooncakes every year... In singapore, nice mooncakes are always very expensive and too sweet for my taste.. Since I have been baking for a period of time, so I decided to try it on my own.... Ermmm..... Trying it on my own???? A very BIG challenge for me...  Google around for recipes, make sure buying the correct ingredients also a challenge.... Well, I always like challenge, I believe I can make it... I did it...
Ingredients :

(A)
95g Fried Glutinous Flour / Gao Fen (糕粉)
100g icing sugar

(B)
155ml of cold water (or any juices)

(C)
15g shortening

(D)
450g lotus paste
Some melon seeds, toasted (optional)

Method :
Toast melon seeds and leave it to cool.
Mix melon seeds with lotus paste and divide into portions of 25g each.
Mix ingredient (A) and (B) to form a dough.
Rub in shortening till get smooth dough.
Sprinkle some fried glutinous flour on working table.
Divide dough to portions of 20g each.
Wrap lotus paste with dough, till into a ball.
Lightly flour the mould.
Place mooncake in mould, flatten, dislodge the mooncake.
Chill in fridge before serving...

Happy making....

No comments:

Post a Comment